0

Massimo82
11

White Screen after replacing glass+digitizer

Good evening,

I replaced glass+digitizer on my Iphone 4G, separating LCD from original broken glass+digitizer. I was not able to separate also the black "paper" from original glass digitizer and now the screen of Iphone is not "dark" as usual.

Now I have white screen when I power-up Iphone, I can't use the phone. I don't understand because all the connectors are fit in correctly, I followed all the guide in 20 steps with correct removal tools. I tried also to push all connector on main-board during powerup, but there is no any difference.

My doubts are:

- If I damaged LCD internally or externally on flat-cable during operation of separating from glass digitizer, can I have white screen?

- Or maybe was it necessary remove also the black "paper" together LCD from glass digitizer ?

From what depends the white screen in power-up? Any ideas?

However I will try to replace again all using assembly LCD+glass+digitizer so as to exclude that the problem is broken LCD.

Regards.

solved. it was lcd damaged because i changed all the unit and now all works good.

Edited by: Massimo82 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Moved this as it was previously posted as an answer to another question.

0

Cameron
61

Sounds like a damaged LCD ribbon cable. I would never try and seperate the LCD from the digitizer on an iphone 4, you are just setting yourself up for heartbreak. I tried it once, took me an hour when I got 3/4 of the way through I cracked the LCD. Not worth it. I would suggest buying an all in one unit and starting again.