Inspiron 1525 not booting up after red wine spill, ideas?
Hi all ! Hope someone can help me out, here is the issue :
- I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 that a friend spilled red wine on the keyboard
- They tried to boot it up while it was still wet
- I now have the laptop on hand and when i press the power button, i can hear some sound from the CD player and HD but nothing appears on the screen and the blue "playback" buttons on the top right of the keyboard goes blue one after another.
I was wondering if the Motherboard had died or if it was a short somewhere.
If anyone have any ideas that could help, it would be appreciated !
The first thing I would do is follow the ifixit guide to insure the computer is clean and dry. Step one is to remove the battery and the power brick. When all is clean and dry and no corrosion try booting with just the power brick. If that works you can try the battery but if they had the computer on wet the battery may be toast. Link provided.
Here is a link to the service manual for your unit.