2

Matt Strange
35

Logic Board Rubber Bumper Location?

I replaced the display assembly this weekend, but when I was attempting to reinstall the logic board (step 21 of the guide, in reverse), a small rubber bumper came loose from 'somewhere' on the board (I think).

Here's a picture of the bumper (with the broken screen as a backdrop to give you a sense of proportion). Can somebody identify where it belongs? It's seldom good when you've got parts left over!

Edited by: Matt Strange ( )

7

Brad

It goes on top of the Logic Board, under the two Front Screen Flex Cables. I have seen a couple of iPhone 4 without this installed or just missing and they functioned perfectly.

That did it!

Matt Strange,

That was a huge help. Thanks!

Aaron,

2

rheaney
25

Also, notice there is a thick and thin side to the bumper, and the thin side should be on top, or toward the back panel.

1

Carl Walker
13

That little plastic bumper folds over the top of the logic board assembly where the Digitizer ( Front Panel) cables come up and over. If you look close at the bumper there is a small grove that is the same size as the boards thickness. Its just there to protect the Digitizer's cables from the rough surface of the logic board.

0

Sam
1

what would happen if you were to put this on the wrong way