0

Lisa Stuart
11

light is not bright after dropping in water

My iphone light will not light up my phone bright enough to see it. I dropped it in water only for seconds and the phone still works but I have to take a flashlight to see my app. I have turn the light to bright and I still need a flashlight to see everything on the phone.

I have restarted the phone, put in rice, used a hair dryer and made sure the setting is on bright.

Edited by: mayer ( )

Lisa Stuart, is this the same phone as in your previous question? Answer is the same ;-)

Yes, I tried to word it better because the other question I said something about the screen and my screen is fine it's the light. Thank you

Lisa Stuart,

Oh no, you did describe it very well. The reason why your screen works fine but is dark is because of bad backlight. In a simple description, the light bulb inside your screen is either burned out, or it does not get any power. If it is burned out, you will need a new screen since there is no real way of fixing it. If it does not get any power, you will need to replace a coil on the main board. It is a very common 6R8 coil, but a PITA to install since you will have to solder on the board. Hope this clarifies it better. Your question was exactly the way a question on here is supposed to be. ;-)

I wish I could do that but it's a little over my head :(. Thanks you for you time and I will see if I can get someone that can help me fix it. Thanks again

Lisa Stuart,

1

Lisa Stuart, I am certain with a bit of practice and by using the ifixit guides, you can get it accomplished. Start with the LCD, since it will be a bit easier than soldering, and is not to expensive right here or the whole assembly from here There is a video that might help you make a decision on youtube Hope this helps, best of luck to you.

0

abby
1

Lisa you should try to use a back light setting the same thing happened to my phone it works :)

abby, good answer but you did not read everything in the question "I have turn the light to bright "