1

Tobias Hofmann
23

HD is suddenly not recognized anymore.

Hey,

after a freeze, my MBP doesn't recognize the HD (disk utility), even after a replacement with a new HD. Boot by CD, boot over USB, hardware test, daily use… everything works fine, except for the HD. Can somebody tell me:

- Can this be a problem with the HD cable? The logic board? The EFI?

- How can i check which it is?

- Should i try fixing it myself? I mean, it works fine, i just have to take my HD with me and plug it in USB every time i want to boot my laptop^^

-Should i check if it "rotates" at least? I am not sure about that? Is maybe just something wrong with the power?

I have asked that at other sites too, but as it is a hardware issue, maybe someone here has an answer for me.

Thank you!

Regards

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Hofmann ( )

What was your purchase date and did you take out AppleCate?

mayer,

April 2010, no Apple Care.

Tobias Hofmann,

3

ABCellars

You've already replaced the hard drive and neither your system or disk utilities recognize that either HD exists. You can boot from your hard drive externally. I would replace the hard drive cable. You can find that part here. A guide for replacing the hard drive cable is here. The power and the data travel through different parts of the same cable. If replacing the cable doesn't solve the problem, the issue is on the logic board. Good luck!

Edited by: ABCellars ( )

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody (Model A1278 Mid 2009/Mid 2010)...

Fix an unrecognized drive in your MacBook. Connects hard drive to logic board. Replacement SATA cable compatible with all Mid 2009 and Mid 2010 13" Unibody MacBook Pros. Options with or without bracket. — 25 available at 59.95 each.

Thank you very much for your time and answers. I hope this solves my problem.

Tobias Hofmann,

You are very welcome. Good luck!

ABCellars,