2

sanane
25

The coin lock cap broke off and stripped

The coin operated battery lock cap broke off on my MacBook and the lock itself is stripped.what should i do? The battery doesnt lock now so i have to tape it to the case..plz help

Edited by: David Patierno ( )

Can you post a picture of how exactly it's broken?

rab777hp,

3

David Patierno

If the switch is stripped and can't be operated with a coin anymore, you can try using superglue (to attach a coin or something else to grab onto) and get enough leverage to twist it back into the locked position.

0

lemerise

The battery lock mechanism is part of the MacBook bottom case and it can't be swapped. You need to replace the bottom case. Try to find a used bottom case in good condition.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/m...

0

Matt Wood
1

Hi

I've got a similar problem except the lock pinged off whilst in the locked position so I can't actually take the battery out!! To add insult to injury, this only happened when I was about to replace the battery which no longer charges!

Is there a way of removing the bottom case without taking the battery out?