0

Kyle
35

iPhone 4 Battery replacement - two "bad" batteries?

HELP!

I've now officially ordered 3, yes, 3 iPhone 4 batteries from various vendors. I received a battery last weekend. I immediately noticed that the battery was physically damaged and noticed that the battery just didn't work. I complained and a new battery was en route. Yesterday, I received the battery, installed into the phone and all was well. Wrong. I wake up this morning to a phone saying 17% battery, after being charged all night.

WHAT GIVES????

I've got another battery at home, thank fully I took the time to order another one a few days ago and I will surely try to install this today.

Do these batteries typically have issues??? So confused.

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

2

pollytintop

no, but vendors do.. always check feedback/comments before buying is my motto. Someone selling a good product will have a good returns policy, excellent feedback and any comments left for the same product will say..brilliant, no problem! Don't think that just because it's new to you that a battery was made this week, some sold are seconds, salvages, or have been sat on a shelf in a wharehouse for the past year.Vendors aren't always as honest as they say!

1

Xile
839

Although it is possible that they were/are dodgy batteries, there is a chance I feel that maybe the dock connector is to blame as I have seen instances where it will say a charger is plugged in and the charging icon appears but the power never increases.

If you don't have another dock connector to test with hopefully you know someone else with an iphone 4 that you could borrow for a bit and see if the battery charges on that?

Well, I would definitely agree had I not experimented. I actually had been borrowing my father's iPhone 4 battery. When the battery arrived, I just installed the new one in his phone, not mine. Therefore, it is NOT his or my phone, it's just been the battery. Maybe I've been unlucky. After all, the first battery WAS literally destroyed. So, technically I've had one "bad" battery. The real test will be today. I've managed to order batteries from 2 different places, so I'm praying this one will work...

Kyle,

0

Gromit
13

Check the batteryconnector. The 2 tabs on the batteryconnector must match the grooves on the phone 100%. Miss this little bit and the phone will get power from the battery, but won't charge.