0

vincent
61

My iPhone 3GS doesn't read any sim card

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB white version. I placed the motherboard into another iPhone 3gs housing and still no sim reading. So i thought maybe it is the connection with the simreader. I replaced it by soldering on a new simreader. But still it keeps searching for a simcard. the metal pin goes down if i insert the simtray so that should be good i guess. Are there any other options that i can try to fix this simcard issue? (it does not work with any other simcard either.

Edited by: iRobot ( )

have you contacted the phone provider/network carrier? If this phone is used (but new to you) I'd also check it isn't lost/stolen/bills paid..BTW, I have updated a phone to ios5 which was jb/unlocked and it now has no sim card recognition..

pollytintop,

Hmm that would be pretty bad... I can check if it is stolen with its IMEI number? do you know where or how?

vincent,

this one is free..http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=anal..., it isn't updated daily, so may not be the most accurate. It will only give you a range of green (good) red (bad) it will not tell you what the problem is. One iphone I checked on there was 9/10 green..the 1/10 was an unpaid bill blocked imei by phone company. If you know the carrier, ring them. It is worth paying for a imei check on all secondhand phones before paying. In the UK we use "checkmend" run by police/insurance/phone co, updated hourly...not sure if it's gone overseas..

pollytintop,