0

Peter
1

Can I use a desktop keyboard on my laptop?

Can i use a desktop keyboard on my laptop since two of my letters dont work?Would it function as well with a wireless keyboard

Edited by: mayer ( ) , David Hodson ( )

1

you can use a USB desktop keyboard. As in working with a wireless, sure if you get the USB wireless. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-00283... would work.

The manual is available here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02... and page 57 shows you how to replace the keyboard. your laptop does have a Bluetooth module, it looks like it uses it for your WiFi....

0

Brian

yes....... a USB keyboard would work. A wireless keyboard would work as well. Bluetooth may work if your laptop model has bluetooth built in...

You may also consider finding a replacement for your laptop keyboard used or new on eBay. How difficult it would be to replace is difficult for me to estimate having not worked on your model before.

0

Phillip Takahashi

There is only 1 thing (that I can think of) that would prevent a PC desktop keyboard from working with a PC laptop, the connector. (some keyboards don't like to be crossed between Mac and PCs so I wanted to clarify that you are using the same).

If your Desktop keyboard is USB, then it should work fine being plugged into your laptop. If your desktop keyboard is Bluetooth, it should still work with your laptop so long as it has Bluetooth. Now, if your keyboard is one of those funky old round deals, you're unfortunately out of luck. But fear not, wireless USB keyboards can be had for as little as $20 typically. Just stop in to any electronics store or even just walmart/kmart and the likes.

PS- there's always the empirical option, plug it in and see if it works ;)