0

John Mears
1

Lid detaching from display

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

The "Device" box above will not allow me to type in 15" Unibody + Early 2010 for some reason?

Anyway, my problem is the lid is detaching from the screen at the bottom left hand corner.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

Can you be more specific please? Do you mean that the screen glass is detaching?

remacberlin,

The aluminium lid is coming away from the LED screen and glass combination in the bottom left hand corner near the hinge. It is not just the glass. John

John Mears,

I have taken a photo of the bottom corner of my Macbook Pro 15 showing where the lid has partially detached from the back of the screen. However, I cannot see how to attache the picture here! John

John Mears,

John, your device is a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro, so I changed that for you. As for adding a picture, there is an orange Images tab at the bottom left of your screen. Click it to open the image tray, upload your picture(s), and then edit your question. Drag and drop your photo into the body of your question, and voila!

David Hodson,

0

Max
631

you need to replace the rear LCD bezel. there is a bar that is glued to the rear bezel that the hinges mount to. I would assume that this is the problem but without pictures I can not tell for sure