0

corza19961
1

Xbox Keeps Turning Off

i bought my xbox 360 slim about a year ago i played it for about a month or 2 and then it kept turning off. I put up with it turning off of a couple of weeks and then the power cord blew up so i didn't play it for a few months and then i bought a new power cord but it still turns off every now and then so i pulled the exterior off and played it for awhile but it didn't help. but he i think its the heatsink over heating so any help will be appreciated thanks

Edited by: corza19961 ( )

corza19961, I am just a bit thrown off by "the power cord blew up" can you give a bit more information on this?

like when its plugged in to a power point the light is orange but now theres no light at all and ive tryed it in different power point there just no power getting to there power brick

corza19961,

1

After your description, I am starting to think that your power brick is the problem. If it gets to hot or does not function properly, it Will turn off your xbox. I would start by either replacing it, around $30-$50. or you can try to repair it by following a similar problem right here. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

yea i already replaced it about a month ago and now the cord works fine but it still turns off but when i pulled the cover off and played the heatsink got heaps hot really fast so i think its that but how do i cool it down or something

corza19961,

What heatsink? The one in the console or the power brick?

the one in the console cause like after half an hour its really hot and the fan is on it all the time

corza19961,

so do you Know what to do

corza19961,

I am really looking for a good solution. It looks like a derivative of the RROD but it does come back. The xbox shuts down because of overheating. the only thing that I can think of right now is to remove the heatsink, apply new thermal paste (I prefer Arctic Silver) and use a RROD kit.

0

zykeethw
1

check auto off if its turn it off and if that doesnt work it may have your grease or oil on it get a soft cloth and wipe it