0

david ortega
1

need to know how to make the touch screen work again

Hi I bought ipod on ebay and it connects to itunes but the touch doesnt work. It had been water damaged. I got a new digitizer and nothing. got the 91% isopropyl alcohol and cleaned it all and still nothing.

After I put it back together it still syncs,so thats good

Lcd does turn on

Could it be the digititer or the logic board??

3

pollytintop

you might be unlucky and have a bad digitiser...check the returns policy, check you've ordered the right generation digitiser etc. Try again.

2

Garry
865

The part where the digitizer connects to could be bad. You would need to replace the motherboard flex cable. It's very difficult. You need the part and conductive tape... Heat gun and solder iron. I'd recommend staying away from iPods that work with the exception of touch response - many people think they repair as easy as iPhones, but in my opinion are much harder and less likely to survive liquid damage.

1

Gary Siu
13

Double check the ribbon cable and the connection points.

ok i'll see if they can change it.

david ortega,

1

zach9
13

On the underside of the main board, there is a large, shiny heat shield protecting important components. Use a metal spudger to remove that piece, and scrub well underneath it. I have encountered water damage issues involving the components under that in the past. Its worth a try!

cool ill try it

david ortega,

where the speaker is right?

david ortega,