0

Bluemoonjo
1

Replaced iPhone battery, Still won't turn on and gets hot?

It is an iPhone 3gs, that won't turn on.

It is my son's phone. He said the battery was low in the red when he plugged it in before bed. Woke up the next morning and it would not come on.

Tried different cords, taking out/changing the sim card, plugging it in to iTunes, all the reset/restart/reboot ideas, nothing worked.

Ordered a new battery, and installed it.

Now it still won't turn on. (have tried iTunes, and reboot/restart stuff again)

But when it is plugged in to charge it gets hot. (thought maybe the battery needed to charge)

Any other ideas I could try?

does the vibrate work? Is it recognised in itunes? if it does it may be the LCD connection is not on properly.

pollytintop,

It does not vibrate...I've tried turning the switch to vibrate..Is there another way to test that? Does nothing in iTunes...

Bluemoonjo,

1

Phillip Takahashi

Sounds like a short, check your re-assembly. We've had a few cases like this where it was a simple short happening because a wire or something got shifted upon re-assembling. Also, don't try to charge until you check out your reassembly, if you do have a short, plugging stuff in may cause damage!

Failing that, make sure you got a 3GS battery and not a 3G because they are not interchangeable.

If STILL no joy and you're 100% sure you've re-assembled correctly you unfortunately be looking at a new logic board.

I ordered a 3gs battery....I'll take it apart and recheck everything, and make sure the battery is right. It does not vibrate...I've tried turning the switch to vibrate..Is there another way to test that? Does nothing in iTunes...

Bluemoonjo,

So yesterday the dock connector I order arrived. Took everything part again and replaced it. Still a no go :( Even tried taking it all apart and checking everything again last night. Logic boards are to expensive to just try. LOL Contract is ready for an upgrade so I guess I'll just order the 4. Unless there is another cheap option to try..

Bluemoonjo,

Any chance you have a multi-meter? You can check the two fuses for continuity and check the battery voltage to make sure that the battery you bought is good (There are the occasional duds).

Phillip Takahashi,