1

armandotechgeek
35

Second hard drive cable included on all models of 2011 mini?

I understand that the Server model is only available in a 2 drive configuration. Therefore it must have both cables. Also, the base model $599 version is only available from Apple as a single drive. Therefore it is definitely Not included.

So, the question is, will a $799 mini that is configured from Apple in a single-drive configuration include the second cable as well, or not?

Edited by: armandotechgeek ( )

3

Jake Devincenzi
46k

No, unfortunately Apple has decided not to include the proprietary second hard drive cables in their non-server models. Luckily, we include them in our dual hard drive kits along with everything else you need to install a second hard drive in your Mini.

Hope this helps!

Mac Mini Dual Drive Kit

Add a second hard drive to your 2011 or 2012 Mac Mini. Kit includes: SATA Hard Drive Cable, Mounting Grommets, Mounting Screws, Logic Board Removal Tool, 26 Bit Driver Kit, and ESD-Safe Spudger. Compatible with 2.3, 2.5, or 2.7 GHz 2011 Mac Minis (Model A — 50+ available at 29.95 each.

Thanks for the info! I figured this would be the case.

armandotechgeek,

When do you expect the kit to be back in stock?!

Carsten Tschach,

Yeah it would be great to know when the kit is expected to be available again. Otherwise I need to purchase all the pieces elsewhere which is a pain. Thanks

Christoph Berlin,

Jake, just to be absolutely sure I'm understanding: is your double drive kit compatibile with the entry-level mini? The one only sold with a single drive? Also, is the kit available in Europe? Or, can it be purchased directly from you? Thank you very much, Paolo

tramannoni,