0

Derek
1

After booting up, my screen is only white.

Hi all,

My Macbook recently fell from my chair, and now my screen appears only white. Sound works, and I was able to access it remotely with VNC, so my hunch is that a display error occured. I am not really sure what the problem is; the backlight works, it just won't display my desktop (or any graphics for that matter) on the screen. Anybody have suggestions on what may be the malfunction, and any tips to fix it?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Derek ( )

2

lemerise

First, connect the MB to an external monitor and check if you get video on the external. If so then remove the mb top case and verify the LVDS (video) cable connection to the logic board. If the cable is well seated then you'll have to open up the display and check the LVDS connection to the LCD panel.

Was the display open when the unit fell from the chair ? Any damage to the hinges ?

MacBook Core 2 Duo Display Data Cable Replacement

Hi Lemerise, Thanks for the reply. Yes, the display was open when it did fall. I haven't noticed any damages to the hinges, and I did a pretty thorough inspection. I am going to try and get it linked up to an external monitor today. Thanks for that suggestion.

Derek,