3

Mark
37

Device won't turn on

My daughter came to ne with her DSi XL and said it will not turn on. Indeed when you press the button it flashes then turns off. It will turn on when a game is loading, but turns off immediately after. We have removed the battery, cleaned the contacts and fully charged it. There are no rattles in the case and everythign else seems to be in order. I am guessing it is the power board, but that is just a guess. has anyone else had this experience. Alos it has been dropped, but it had worked for a while after that.

Edited by: pollytintop ( )

6

Mark, if you are sure that your battery is charging and holding a charge you may want to check the LCD's and the cables, especially to the top screen. Those do have a tendency to break." If the top LCD ribbon cable is damaged or not connected properly the blue power light will turn on briefly and the bottom LCD screen will flash on very briefly when the power button is pressed. If the bottom thin LCD ribbon cable is damaged or not connected properly the blue power light will turn on briefly and the top LCD screen will flash on very briefly when the power button is pressed." Let us know what you find out. Good Luck

Thanks! That makes sense. If the screen is at 90 degrees to the console I can push and hold the power button. It powers up and runs, but when I let go it quits. If I push it back one notch, it won't work at all. I have to leave on business, but when I get back I will take it apart and investigate your theory.

Mark,

Sounds good, have a safe trip. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks.... That got it. It was one of the connectors on the ribbon..... Lets see how long it last. Thanks for your help....

Mark,

Great job, good thing you got it working. All the best to you....:-)

0

Laura
1

This totally worked. Now I need to figure out how to fix the connection between the two screen. Is there something I can purchase to fix the top LCD ribbon cable? Help

Laura, what connections are you looking at? What happened to your Dsi? Best if you ask your own question. Click on the link on the right side of this page "Ask a question" and give as much detail as possible.

Laura- if you're having the same problem as the original post, then it's not an easy fix. I wouldn't suggest trying it yourself unless you have experience with taking fragile things apart. The entire LCD needs to be replaced (because it's attached to the LCD) which is pretty tricky, and it requires completely dismantling the DSi. If you're not careful, you'll tear the new ribbon when you go to put it in. If you can do it yourself, though, you can buy a new LCD for $10-$20 on ebay. good luck.

corey,

0

micheal
1

The DSI Fixer Hey if you want your back buttons on your DSI to work all you have to do is blow on them with all your might.Then what you have to do is open it up and see if it works and boom it works again and if it doesn't work sorry. I am telling you this because it worked for me and it turned it on and made it work even better then before.

0

rabiaamrouchi
1

dsi xl wont turn all at all, i have charged it over night, the orange light is on for a while but goes off after a while, i wont turn on when it is charging either.

0

emma
1

Have a similar problem, sometimes the DSI will turn on and function properly for about 2 minutes and then shut off. However sometimes pressing the power button does nothing at all. It charges normally but does not function properly.

0

dkountouris
1

hi guys. i had the same problem. when I press the button the bottom screen flashes then turns off. I found out that the problem is charging. I looked carefully the charging slot and the middle contacts were slightly bended . I pushed them back to the middle and everything was ok.

0

mac
1

try to change your battery?