5

Candace
71

junk in my trunk

How do i get all that crap out of the vent? They say to use a hand held vaccum but that never works!

I like your clever title.

Sterling Hirsh,

4

Sterling Hirsh

You could try compressed air. If you do this, though, keep a vacuum near by because the dust will fly everywhere. I run the vacuum right next to the vent, then spray air into it. Compressed air goes in, dust comes out into the vacuum.

The dust that came out of mine was extremely fine, and it was everywhere inside the case. This is an exercise best done out of doors

Dave,

2

vicsz
25

Use an old fashioned pipe cleaner (fuzzy stuff on a bendable wire). I regularly use these to clean out the crap that builds up on processor heat sinks as well.

Edited by: vicsz ( )

2

Brett Hartt

I recently cleaned out an old PlayStation 2 that was purchased off of eBay. I took the brute force approach and opened the case and cleaned each component individually with paper towels and an electronics-safe cleaner. Although a tedious and nauseous operation, the device is super clean now, more so than could be accomplished with a vacuum and compressed air.