1

Larry
49

How Can I Fix my Google Chrome Profile Error?

Hi. I recently noticed this message that appears every time i open my google chrome browser. It say that my Profile could not be opened correctly and that some of the functions may not be available. At first i just ignored it, hoping that i could fix it in the system preference or search some answers online. I noticed that all of my bookmarks on my bookmark tabs turned so weird. The real icons were gone and were replaced by (gray globe) icons. My history options are gone, and the predictive text of websites you currently visited when you type in the address bar were all gone. Please help. Thank you.

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , oldturkey03, machead3, rj713, and pollytintop ( ) , Walter Galan ( )

2

Larry
49

I emailed a representative from Macfixit and here is what he told me to do. It worked perfectly:

The problem is likely caused by the profile directory having some corrupt items in it that cannot be properly accessed or configured.

1. Go to the /username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/ directory and remove the folder called "Default."

2. Relaunch Chrome (you may have to set up some aspects of it again) and see if the problems persist.

3. If you cannot find the Library folder in your home directory, press the Option key and select it from the "Go" menu in the Finder.

It all worked perfectly after that. Thanks for all of your help guys!

Edited by: Jake Devincenzi ( )

5

mayer

Trash it, do a search for "chrome" and toss everything. Download the latest version and reinstall.

3

ABCellars

You should find your answer here. If that doesn't work for you there is another solution which will cause you to lose everything in your profile, stored passwords, bookmarks, etc.... I would export your bookmarks prior to attempting this. You can find the second solution here.

0

Doug Miller
1

I've been trying to correct this for over a month and I finally found the answer. Here goes. Click on the start button on your lower left taskbar. Go menu and click accessories and then click on the "Run" Link. Then paste this in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ it will take you to a default folder . Rename the default folder to default backup and then close the browser and open again Now it should be fixed. It did mine for sure. I'm using Windows 7

0

Ashley Lee
1

Google android mobile application development and android apps in my smart phone just are so cooooooooooool :) I really must say that Google and Android are made for each other, better than ios and windows!

Edited by: Ashley Lee ( )

0

George Wilson
1

it had two chrome eye con and i only need just one

0

Joe Schmoa
1

After an extensive Google search and reading through many solutions, none worked for me until one user said to delete the AVG Toolbar program (Control Panel, then Programs). That finally solved the problem for me.

0

Karen Jacobs
1

I am using Windows 7 and found my default folder at: C:\Users\your_userid\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

I deleted the whole Default folder (Chrome must be closed before you can do this) and launched Chrome again. It opened to the settings page and I asked it to import my IE bookmarks and made a few other preference settings and it works perfect now.

0

georgia rose
1

i didnt open the chrome web browser but when i want to rename the folder it says the folder is open in another program. why?