iPhone 4 - water damage and now overheating
After getting my phone wet I turned it off and opened it up and let it dry, cleaned it up. I have put it back together and it works great but it is getting very hot very quickly... even when the phone isn't on.
As soon as I attach the battery, it starts to heat up. The battery connector and the charger flex cable get really hot. I assume there must be a short somewhere or something... but I know very little about electronics. Any suggestions?
If you have not done so yet turn off your phone and do not try to charge it anymore.
Put your phone into a container of uncooked rice and let it stay there at least for a day afterward if you are comfortable with removing the back and have the correct screwdriver, remove the make and check for any seen moisture, using a blow dryer on low heat blow any exposed area, it would be better if you remove the logic board but for now lets for go doing that, put the back on and try to charge the phone, depending on the condition of your battery it may be better to use your wall charger.