0

eriam
1

White screen on iPod

Does the fact that the iPod is detected by iTunes indicates that the mainboard is fine ?

I have the same problem and I think my iPod has taken too much heat this summer ... but no liquid that I know of ..

So I plan to try to change the LCD screen but I would'nt like to buy an LCD screen if in fact it's the motherboard -- especially because it's out of stock.

So, since my iPod is recognized by windows and iTunes the question is: can I consider my iPod's motherboard fine ?

Eriam

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

Hey Hi, I received the display and replaced it and the ipod does not work better -- so could that be the logic board: I guess there's not many other options ... My problem is there is no logic board in stock -- what's the solution ? Thanks Eriam

eriam,

eriam, I do feel bad about having suggested that you get a new display. I am pretty surprised about that since I have not yet come across a working logic board with a bad video processor, but I guess anything is possible. Your device is listed as a iPod Classic, can you give me more info on your iPod so that I at least can help you find a new logic board. Sure you checked your connections etc.? ;-)

Hey, I checked the connections and it works :) The screen connection is especially delicate to put on imo. Thanks anyways -- the ipod works fine now. Eriam

eriam,

Yes it is and glad you got it working. Best of luck to you....

0

If your ipod sync properly and has no other issues, your logic board will be okay. I bet it's the heat that destroyed your screen. Relative easy and inexpensive fix.

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

0

Ben Kochan
1

I have the same problem - ipod synching but white screen - I checked connections, replaced the screen but the problem persists - any ideas? motherboard problem???