0

John
1

Server with only Apple SSD then add a second spinning drive?

If I get the Mini Lion Server with just Apple's SSD installed can I just add the second hard disk? Are the cables and or connections already there? Do I need a kit? Is the one for the non-server mini what I need?

Regards,

John

Edited by: osvaldo, rj713, and Phillip Takahashi ( )

2

David Hodson

A server version of the Mac Mini already has all the necessary cables, as well as two drives. If you're asking if you need to purchase another hard drive, the answer is no, unless you want to upgrade the HDD already there. Our dual drive kit is for non-server models, which only have one hard drive (specifically, the top one). Our kit is an alternative to purchasing a server model, because you can install any second hard drive you wish, whereas the server model from Apple comes with both drives already.

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

you can then install a HD SSD in a mac mini basic server? you would say yes Thanks *sorry for english

sparco,