0

toine
1

Why can't I get the metal spudger between frontpanel and the rear?

I need to replace the front panel of my Ipad. My wife dropped the IPAD and the glass cover is completely shattered, but the IPAD is still operational.

I got all the necessary specialised tools and components, downloaded your repair guide and watched the video for this specific repair job.

I can't get the metal spudger (sold to me as the original IPAD opening tool) between frontpanel and the rear casing without damaging the rear casing.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong.

Please advise.

0

Garry
865

First, you should have at minimum two spudgers, but three to four is optimal. Make sure to start on the right side to get the tabs out. If using a wide spudger the damage to the housing will be minimal. I am able to get into an iPad without leaving a trace - so it is possible. Plan ahead and purchase ten spare clips as those break easily and are cheap. Also purchase spare pads so the replacement screen doesn't sit lower than the housing.

0

Emanuele
1

In fact, I think there's no way to open the iPad without breaking something.

I've damaged a little the inner plastic frame of the display and many plastic flaps (used to keep the display inside the case) broke off.

0

steven
1

Hi ,

I also had some problems opening the Ipad, but in the end it worked. I had to replace the flaps. I just a plastic tool :)

Did you replace the screen with succes? because I didn't.