0

Jordan Berry
1

How do you jtag an xbox 360 ((EASY GUIDE WITH PART LIST))

do you jtag an xbox 360 ((EASY GUIDE WITH PART LIST))

i carnt find an easy guade and what parts from where

thanks

I answered the question.

rj713,

1

rj713

Here is the link to the guides

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Xbox_360#de...

And here is the link to parts

http://www.ifixit.com/Game-Console-Parts...

Edited by: rj713 ( )

He's asking how to JTAG the console, this is a tricky one that iFixit doesn't cover.

Chris Green,

Thanks for the update.

rj713,

2

Chris Green

There's aren't any great guides for JTAGing anywhere. The one that I used my first time was This Guide on Se7enSins. It will show you how to identify your console, do the wiring, and flash XeLL, flashing a rebooter is the next step after doing that. You will also need 100 Ohm Resistors (You have to buy them in bulk, but they're cheap) and 1N4148 Diodes (Also in bulk, but cheap) For the wiring, I recommend using non-braided (solid core) CAT5 wire. Good luck with your JTAG!

Also, some advice:

-Solder your resistors, and diodes to the xbox's motherboard, then solder the wires to them.

-Make sure that you have two identical NAND dumps before flashing anything to the console.

-make sure that you erase the flash ("nandpro lpt: -e400") before writing any image to it. (XeLL, original NAND, and any rebooter)

-When doing your wiring, you don't need an actual LPT cable, you can just feed the wires attatched to the console's motherboard into your PC's LPT port.

-Most Importantly, if you console is on the 2.0.8***.0 or newer dashboard, IT IS NOT JTAG-ABLE! Trying to JTAG it will only brick the flash controller, and render the console useless. (You won't be able to flash back original NAND)

Edited by: Chris Green ( )

Also, the next time I get a JTAG-able console, I will post a easy guide on iFixit. I get JTAGables every once and a while because I buy and repair RROD consoles all of the time.

Chris Green,

hey chris..have you seen our junk challenge in meta? just a bit of fun for us all. you're more than welcome to join in, look forward to seeing what you'd do! ;-)

pollytintop,

I have, I'm thinking about buying an old oscilloscope, and trying to fix it up, I'm just not sure If I'll have the free time to do it, I've been pretty busy lately.

Chris Green,

aren't we all...hence the 3 month time line!

pollytintop,

0

brrrrr
1

u HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FIRMWIRE 3.0 TO YOUR USB. tHEN eXTRACT IT TO A FILE CALLED MW2HACKPR0JECT THEN GO TO YOUR XBOX PUT THE USB INTO THE XBOX. gO TO SYSTEM SETTINGS THEN GO TO MEMORY. fIND THE USB CONFIGURE IT THEN SHUT OFF YOUR XBOX RIGHT AWAY. GO BACK TO YOUR PC THEN MAKE A NEW FILE NAMED JTAG MEDIA. DOWNLOAD MEDIA101 THEN EXTRACT IT TO THE FILE U JUST MADE (MEDIA101) THEN GO BACK TO THE XBOX PUT THE USB IN THEN IT SHOULD SIGN U OFF XBOX LIVE IT SHOULNT LET U SIGN BACK IN SO JUST RECOVER YOUR GAMERTAG THEN WHEN U CLICK ON SOMEONES GAMERTAG WHERE IT SAYS INVITE TO PARY INVITE GAME,ETC ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM IN SHOULD SAY HACK ACCOUNT , WHEN U PLAY A GAME EXAMPLE- CALL OF DUTY IT GIVES U A MODDED MENU AND HACKED/10TH PRESTIGE LOBBIES AND THATS HOW U GET A JTAG

0

Hunter Joe
1

Guy's im new here and have a question regarding xexMenu 1.4 Softmod technique from http://www.easyjtagmethod.org/ does anybody know how to use the menu's I managed to install the xex menu on my hard drive but I don't understand the software menu's in the game association option ): on the first row it says run handshake exchange on Path../mw2..1330rsn.2y, after that im clueless.

Any help would be much appreciated