0

Lorena
1

My DS fell and doesn't turn on

The other day my Nintendo DS lite fell out of my hands. After that it didn't turn on anymore.

When I plug it in the charging light turns on, so the I thing it's receiving charche and battery is ok.

I took it to a place in my city and they told me to change the bottom screen although they don't have new parts and are hoping someone sells them a used one.

what should I do? I live in Mexico and don't know where to fix it

Edited by: bac ( )

1

Walter Galan

Hi Lorena. I'm sorry to hear about your DS lite. I don't understand how the bottom screen could be preventing the DS from turning on. If the bottom screen was defective, you would at least hear sound when the DS is powered. You may have damaged the logic board or some other component. But if you're looking for replacement parts, this link should help you get started. Good luck.

1

Jacko
13

Most common fault with dropped ds, a component comes off mainboard, big capacitor next to power switch.

If one of your screens is faulty, the other screen flashes quickly on then ds turns off.

Actually, it's an inductor, not a capacitor, but I've seen it come off of several DS Lites. It's an easy solder for someone that works on electronics, but be careful to not loose it when you open it up as it could be rolling around loose.

PohTayToez,

Same thing happened to my DSLite, It was dropped and the big capacitor/indicator next to the power switch came clean off. The only problem is i can't get the solder to stick to the dam thing to solder it back on. does anyone know what it is so i can replace it? If its an indicator, can i just solder a link over the board?

256fx,

0

Jordan Gray
1

Unfortunately, Nintendo has a fail-safe in their DS systems to discourage hackers. If any screen is disconnected at all, then the DS won't boot up. When you turn it on, does your green light come on at all? This is very important as to what the cause is, but it's most likely just a semi-disconnected screen cable.

0

Selena
1

Hi, My DS also fell. It's charger works, and the light on the ds also turns on. But My ds doesnt work even if I charge it the whole day... Can anyone please help me... I've tried alot!!

Have you tried what people mentioned above? It could be the inductor or a loose LCD cable.

PohTayToez,

0

paul stone
1

selena, if you've dropped your ds and you only get the green light, check that the wifi module is seated correctly(push it back down on the board), these sometimes pop off during a drop or bang on a table for instance and are only secured by a thin layer of double sided tape. it is the big component to the left of the game slot and has either a black or blue wire going to it.

0

paul stone
1

256fx

It Is called a L2 inductor, you cannot bridge the solder across the gap. try turning the l2 over so you have a clean piece to solder to, only use a 15/20 watt soldering iron tho. check It hasn't blown by putting a continuity tester across it. you can buy these L2/4 from ebay for about £3 or so, also check the L4 on the opposite. side of the board. They look exactly the same but have different values, make sure that is still on with no hairline cracks in solder joint.

Hope that helps