0

Alexius Aditya
11

Superdrive cant read any disc

I has this iMac for at least 1 year, but I rarely use the superdrive, but now the superdrive doesn't work at all. This happen when I try to repair disk permission but the superdrive forcing to eject the disc installation, and then I try to put any other disc but it still doesn't work. Apple disc will eject automatically but other disc will known as a blank disc.

The question is:

• What happen to my superdrive? Can I replace it with new superdrive for free because this iMac still covered with Apple Care?
  • Can I replace the superdrive with a SSD? - This is my second plan if Apple Care cannot replace my superdrive.

Edited by: Alexius Aditya ( )

Thanks for answering, yeah maybe the best solution is bring this iMac to Apple and hope they will fix it fast, because this is my primary machine for work.

Alexius Aditya,

If it is still under warranty consider getting the extended AppleCare for two more years.

mayer,

1

mayer

Under warranty Apple will fix it. They will try to get you to bring the machine in, but according to where you live, may also send a tech to your location to fix it. Ask Apple about the SSD upgrade because they may void your warranty if you install it.