0

Rasheed
1

Is it possible to install ssd in iMac 21.5 late 2009?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I would like to know if it is possible to install replace the hdd of an iMac 21.5 late 2009 with a SSD?

I googlize about one and didn't find any tutorial, so is it possible?

I found this article from everymac.com : http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/im...

It seems not possible because OWC discovered that the "Late 2009" -- and subsequently introduced "Mid-2010" -- models use a "connector that seems to use the drive's internal sensors" rather than an external sensor like earlier 20-Inch and 24-Inch Aluminum iMac models. This means that the most straightforward way to upgrade the hard drive is to "replace the drive with another model from the same manufacturer that [OWC or another third-party has] confirmed works properly with this thermal sensor cable". OWC provides a list of compatible drives. Readers have shared reports that taping an external temperature sensor to a hard drive or SSD that does not have an internal sensor will work in these models, but this method could be risky when data is important.

And I found the MaxConnect System Hard Drive kit and Optical Bay SSD kits for iMacs from macupgrades.com, but I don't know how it works..

So.. could someone help me..

Edited by: iRobot ( )