0

shawn
1

White screen of death, otherwise fully functional

HI peeps, i realised my home button was not sensitive so i went on to pry open my whole iphone and wanted to adjust the pins connecting to the home button. but i broke them

-.- as i attempted to replace those pins with aluminium foil, i accidentally dislodged the screen from the motherboard. after which i reconnected cables 1 2 and 3, and everything went back to normal. But the cables became loose and kept falling. when i reconnected them again, my lcd screen would be white when i clicked the sleep/power button , vice versa would turn black when i press the sleep button when the screen is white. everything is functional (except for home button), i ca on/off it tho the screen is always white, i can fel the vibration when i switch the silent mode little knob thingy. the only thing is that the screen is white! help!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

2

pollytintop

if you are happy that the cables are connected then you need to do a hard reset. your poor phone just needs a good kickstart hopefully. hold home and power together for 10 seconds, the apple should appear, release the buttons and allow to reboot.

my home button is not working

shawn,

try holding power for 10 seconds and then sliding finger across top of screen as if "slide to power off". this may do the trick..

pollytintop,

0

volcomslice
11

dfu mode then do a restore through itunes