1

Brandon
323

Freezing on startup, freezes for anything to do with the guide.

My Xbox 360 is freezing for about 1 minute or less when i start it. It also freezes when i press the guide button and look at my firends, messages, recent player and when i start a party. it also freezes if i press the guide button to accept an invite to anything and then when it unfreezes i accept it and then it freezes again and then says i cant accept it. Please help.

Edited by: Brandon ( )

4

Chris Green

This is usually a pre-cursor to the Red Ring of Death, or an e73/e74 error. I suggest installing a Red Ring of Death fix kit, which should fix the problem before it turns into the RROD. Here is a guide that should help you through the process.

Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death Fix Kit

Fix kit for Xbox 360 consoles with the "Red Ring of Death" (RRoD) failure. Replace, reattach, and reclamp the heat sinks on your Xbox 360. Usually fixes a RRoD Xbox—also effective as a preventative measure. Kit includes: tube of Céramique 2 thermal compou — 10 available at 29.95 each.

Also, I'd follow our reflow guide to reflow your motherboard before installing the RROD kit.

Andrew Bookholt,

0

billiy joe
1

i dont know