0

Shai
167

No Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Unavailable, No IMEI After water damage

Hi all,

The summer is here, and apperantley many people are going to swim with their iPhones HAHA :-p

After I cleaned iPhone 4 that had a water damage, now the device shows "no service", and No Wi-Fi, The is no IMEI in the "About" page, and bluetooth is Unavailable, and in the About page bluetooth shows: "00:00:00:00:00:00"

I read something about that I need to heat the Baseband chip? Where is this chip? What is it? How should I heat it?

I also read that I need to buy replacement ICs. What is it IC ?

I also tried few different batteries include a brand new one - But didnt help.

I also restore to the latest Firmware - 4.3.3.

Anybody has a suggestion?

This is the source of where I found the suggestions but didn't get some of the English :-

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/hel...

Edited by: Shai ( )

2

pierrej

ICs are Intergrated Circuits.

the part about the baseband chip is that they are talkign about reflowing it. if you are not 100% certain that you know what you are doing, i recommend leaving that step to a professional.

Chances are you need a new logic board.

hello where can i find "ic" that you talk about? please can you send it to my email? many thanks!! omer.benatia@gmail.com i have the same problem with my iphone 4

omer,

The iPhone baseband "IC" processor is the 3383 – Infineon X-Gold 61x Check this link, it's the only one that I have that "might " help you.

0

ray
67

Put it on a hot radiator for a few hours

I always fix my water damaged phones this way

put a cloth under the phone and turn the radiotor in your home full on for 2hrs then try it.

hello ray thanks for fast replay :) i will put just the logic board on a how radiotor for 2 hrs. and let you know what next. thanks!!

omer,