0

Steven
1

Why does my iPhone 3GS turn off with plenty battery?

hi I have had my iphone 3gs for just over a year now and since i updated it about a month ago my phone will switch off even when the battery is still 70-80% battery life left! I can still use text and calls but it only seems to happen when i use an app on my phone. Can anyone help with suggestions of whats wrong and how to fix it please.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

Have you tried restoring it yet? Is it specific to a certain app?

Scott Head,

i'd agree with scott..if it's a specific app then delete it, or delete those apps you have downloaded in the last month. sometimes the size of the app crashes the phone..

pollytintop,

Does it always turn off at 70-80 percent or is that just some of the time?

Jake Devincenzi,

Its not just one app it does it on a variety of them even YouTube, it can be any percentage of battery it's even done it on 95%, yeah I've done a restore n it hasn't changed anything. Also I can turn the phone back on after about 20 minutes and it will have a lower battery life.

Steven,

i am having exactly problem with my iphone 3Gs -MT-

muntak,

0

Phillip Takahashi

My personal thoughts are battery or connector(s). Sure you've tried a couple batteries but there are duds out there...and if it's a "company" doing it who knows what they're installing...or doing...there's a reason I prefer to fix myself, because I know that work is being done right!...or at least know what work is being done :)

Anyways I digress...IF you're battery's life drops significantly over a short period of time, there's two options, the battery is a dud, or you have a SERIOUS short somewhere. Shorts can usually be identified by some sort of odd buzzing or excessive heat somewhere in the phone.

If you can 100% absolutely rule out the battery (I'm not convinced that you can yet because of that power drop you described), I would check every connector. Make sure they are clean and fully secured. If one is loose or dirty, just bumping or tilting the phone the right way can cause you to lose your power connection. Fidel the phone around and it reconnects and works fine again...until you bump or tilt it the right way again such that you lose power. Heck, just thermal expansion may be enough to break some connections.

Hope this can solve your problem, good luck!