0

Kingofdenail
1

Plasma Television with no power, no red light.

This is in reference to a Panasonic TH42PX6U Plasma Television.

After about 3 years, one day out the blue, the TV wouldn't turn on. The red LED light would blink 10 times and repeat. I did some research, and the most recommended response was to replace the P board (power supply board).

During the week or so of my research, all of sudden the TV completely died! I would plug it in, and no red LED light at all would come on.

I figured the problem might still be the P board, so I went out and bought one anyway. No luck! I replaced the P board and still, there is absolutely NO POWER. No red light, nothing happens when I plug it in.

I know there is a lot of information regarding the coded blinking lights, but what is the problem if there is no light at all? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

2

Kingofdenail, not sure where you are with the repair of your Panasonic. Just in case, I attached a flowchart showing what to check for. So check the PA board and the H board...;-) As you probably know, this type of repair can be complicated and cumbersome, and can lead you astray many times. I am not sure if the service manual and the supplements will help you with it, but I uploaded them Right Here Hope these will help you out and get you going in the right direction.