0

Beckie
1

Wifi and Bluetooth not working after water damage

I dropped my iPhone 4 in coffee. I powered it down and rinsed it real good with water. I of course removed the sim and battery. I dipped the phone in 99% alcohol. I thought this was best since I use cream and sugar in my coffee. Then did the rice thing to dry it out. It worked great except the screen is a little cloudy but that seems to be getting better so no worries there. My issue is that now the Wifi is grayed out and my Bluetooth doesn't work either. It looks like it tries to go to the 2nd screen on Bluetooth but the little wheel just keeps spinning. I did a restore and that didn't help. Do I need to replace the antenna? I just got the phone 6 months ago so I'm not due for an upgrade. I think it is still eligible for the Out Of Warranty replacement with Apple but I wanted to try a less expensive solution first.

1

Mitch Rush

Trust me guy's, before you replace your phones you should disassemble your phones and give them a real liquid damage treatment, I do this to Iphones all the time in my shop and rarely cant bring everything back to life, the Rice thing is truly a joke, it just doesn't work, here is a guide for an I 3 but use the same methods on your phone,Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage, and here is a guide o teardown your phone, iPhone 4 Teardown, if your not a DIY person I would recommend paying a shop to do it, it shouldn't cost much, I charge a flat rate of $30, good luck, If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Edited by: Mitch Rush ( )

0

kevinweber
515

the $199 replacement fee is an insignificant price to pay compared to how frustrating troubleshooting water damage on an internally delicate machine like the iPhone 4 can be. A ruined antenna would not cause the iPhone to gray out the icons like that, you would just notice diminished function. It's more likely that the chipsets that control those functions are damage.

0

Armald Imeraj
295

It seems like the Chip that covers both functions is "fried" so you have two options change the logic board or change the phone totally with out of warranty deal with Apple!

0

Francesco
1

Hi, this is Francesco from Italy

I've the same problem too: water = no wifi, no bt.

Have you solved at the end?

In that case please help me

Thanks in advance