0

Ryan
11

Cant get screws out with #00PH

Ok so Im trying to get to my on/off button and the 5 screws holding the logic board down wont come out I tried to apply pressure and nothing, screws wont turn or move im just making it even harder since the tread in the screw is wearing. how can I get the screws out?

Edited by: Ryan ( )

Ok im thinking its the screwdriver set I just got. it was pretty cheap. whats the best brand to buy for the IPhones? need one with a strong magnet, noticed the last two I tried were way to weak for the case screws and even worse the 2.3mm size ones. Suggestions?

Ryan,

2

Brad

The screws are Philips #00. Take the iPhone to the Hardware store and demo a few screwdrivers right there. Actually I have had luck at the 99cent Store they sell the cheap kits with about 10 mini screwdrivers, often two of the Philips from the kit will work perfect with the iPhone, again demo on iPhone in the store first.

Regarding magnetic screwdriver, never buy one. Take any magnet, even a refrigerator magnet, and run it along the screwdriver pulling it straight off the tip. Do it a couple of times for greater strength (will last for months). To demagnetize run the magnet the other way.

Thanks that worked! and I found a 46 piece precision tool kit for $6 steel.

Ryan,

0

Jake Devincenzi

If you're going to be doing any more electronics disassembly, we highly recommend our 26 Piece Bit Driver Set. It contains driver bits for all common screws for cell phone repair, as well as bits for most screws used laptops, video game consoles, and more. It has all of the common phillips sizes, torx sizes, and tons more. It even comes with a 6 month warranty if any of them break. We guarantee that it will work on your #00PH problem.

Hope this helps!

26 Bit Driver Kit

Ultra-portable screwdriver kit for repairing electronics, smartphones, tablets, computers, and game consoles. Contains: 4 mm Driver Handle 60 mm Driver Extension Metal Tweezers Flathead sizes 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 mm Phillips sizes #000, #00, #0, #1, #2 Torx siz — 50+ available at 19.95 each.

0

mayer

To get the screws out that are already messed up try this extractor set: Precision Screw Extractor Set

Precision Screw Extractor Set

Four different sized extractor tools to help remove fasteners or screws with stripped heads. Driver head is claw shaped for maximum grip. Sizes range from 1.1mm to 2.0mm. — 50+ available at 19.95 each.