2

Darren
25

Camera dead, is there a main fuse?

My Nikon D70 has died unexpectedly, the ifixit guides are superb but don't describe a main fuse, is there one and is it replaceable?

many thanks

Oldturkey, Thanks. I found another site that has the D70 repair manual http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nikon... so I went ahead and got it from there. There are no schematics for each of the boards and even if you did a search for "fuse" on the pdf file for the repair manual, nothing shows up. Do you know if the main fuse is on the DC-DC converter board?

TomQ,

Tom, just checked my parts manual, and there are two fuses. Part number is 1S999-150 and 1S999-151 respectively. I attached an image to the original answer.

6

I would start with checking the wiring and the DC-DC PCB. I attached a wiring diagram for the D70 that might give you a starting point to check for power with a multimeter. I do have the D70-S repair manual right here.Do feel free to download it and see if it helps you to narrow down your problem. Apparently there is not much difference between the D70 and the D70s with the exception of a bigger LCD and some minor cosmetic changes. Some more info on that right here I would think that most of the wiring and instructions are the same. Good Luck

Oldturkey03, I try to open Website http://www.keepandshare.com repair manual D70-S but we can't open, can you share again. Many Thank's

harry,

Thank you

harry,

Oldturkey03, can you share the repair manual again? Thanks. --Tom

TomQ,

Tom, give it a try, it should be there. If not, contact me via email. address is in my profile.

0

Geert S
1

Not sure if this old post is still alive, but I'm looking for the D70 repair manual. Just created a keepandshare account (twoogeert), but apparently you would need to share ... Thanks!