0

brandon
1

What do I do if my iPhone only works when plugged in?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I dropped my iphone in a pool the other day and let it dry in rice for three days and it turns on now... it will only turn on though, when its plugged in. the computer wont recognize it as a device. When i plug it in to the wall it leaves me with the connect to itunes screen and i dont know how to fix this...

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

like one of my colleagues on here used to say. Rice is great for cooking, but not to repair your phone. Anyhow, check this link for the repair of your phone http://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Electronics_W...

0

Alex
43

Well.... You could possibly have some corrosion damage. If you purchased the apple care plan then take it to apple...

If you want, you can disassemble your iPhone with one of ifixit's tutorials and check it for corrosion damage. you might have caused a permanent short somewhere, and that won't be easily repaired. Water damage is a b***h, I know.

Apple will not cover water damage, hence the LSI indicators

mayer,