0

Kevin Hulett
23

Backlit keys different from non-backlit keys?

I'm interested in upgrading my 2.0GHz to have a backlit keyboard. I know you can replace the entire upper case, but it's rather costly. I've found the backlight panels on eBay for roughly $20 and want to know, are the keys on the non-backlit keyboard going to show through like the backlit keys do on the 2.4GHz model? I've read conflicting information here, one person says you have to replace the keyboard and add the backlit panel, another says you only have to add the backlit panel.

Edited by: Kevin Hulett ( )

1

Fabio
43

Please search further through previous solutions, this matter was already discussed widely.

Anyway, I did already what you are planning to do and the result is excellent. Just buy one of those 20$ backlit panels on eBay and go!

Keyboards are exactly the same (except F5 and F6 keys not showing the symbols for tuning backlight intensity, but I guess you can survive this...)

(ps: ensure your Macbook's mainboard features the backlit connector before proceeding...some people say some of the first unibody Macbooks are missing this connector).

Hope this helped.

Thanks, that's all I needed to know! I've already determined that the backlight connector is there, and I think my next step is to procure F5 and F6 keys to swap out!

Kevin Hulett,