0

Steve 10
1

A1150 will not charge. Can one replace the charging circuit?

I have a used A1150 (eBay) and it has never been able to charge at all. I followed all the troubleshooting guides from Apple's tech pages and went to my local Apple tech store. They switched the Magsafe and swapped the battery. Their battery worked fine but the Magsafe charger still did not work (it holds a very dim green light when attempting to charge). They said it probably was not the logic board but the actual charging circuit. What part(s) would I need to replace the charging circuit? can one replace the charging circuit without soldering?

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , Kyle Wiens ( )

Do you mean to say they swapped the left i/o board? (the part with the magsafe board)

rab777hp,

1

bac

yes, the charging circuit should be on the left I/O Board, you can find the repair instructions here - replacing it does not involve soldering.

0

Steve 10
1

They only switched the Magsafe adapter not the left I/O board. Sorry for not qualifying that. @rab777hp

Great tutorial @bac. i will grab a few tools and find a replacement left I/O board. Thanks!

0

dave
16

Are you sure it's not the battery? The computer end of the Magsafe on this model of Macbook Pro glows red when the battery is depleted and green when fully charged.