0

Emily
1

Why can't my iPhone connect to any wifi networks?

I have an iphone 3GS. I don't use it with a phone plan; I was really just using it for the wifi apps. One day the wifi stopped working. It recognizes the wifi network but won't login anymore, not even to open networks including my own. I have reset everything, and erased everything including my own. I have reset everything, and erased everything several times. I bought a new sync cable and tried syncing it again. Still no luck.

My phone is not jailbroken and I have been hesitant to do that. Some forums have talked about it possibly being a problem with one of the updates in the software itself but I really don't understand how to go back to an older version of the software. My phone is not underwarranty.

1

Shai
167

Try these:

1. Go to General > Settings > Reset and press on Reset network settings.

2. Try to connect to some other Wifi network (Friend, coffee shop etc)

3. Try to disconnect your router and connect.

If non of them is working:

*then try restore via iTunes to the latest 4.3.3 Firmware.

*If restore doesn't work, then maybe the WIFI cable got disconnected from the board :/

0

Nick

The wifi chip may be bad

Try restoring the phone first and not from a backup,sync your music and apps after the phone is restored

0

Dyllan
1

im having the same issue, except my Iphone will connect to the internet if i'm in the same room as the modem/computer. Its very irritating. -__-