0

Rafael Carrilho
1

The bottom is falling off and I have no idea why. Help?

Hello! First of all thanks for the help with my PSP, so here's the problem:

My MacBook (late 2009) started loosening up the rubber bottom, and the warranty is up too, i read in MANY forums to rip it off or get a case or just leave it like this, but im not sure if ANY of these would work properly. I usually use it on my lap or on a desk, and i never EVER had overheating problems. Why is this happening? Can i stop it? Should i get a new Mac?

Thanks for reading

Edited by: Walter Galan ( ) , osvaldo, oldturkey03, and Phillip Takahashi ( ) , Rafael Carrilho ( )

5

mayer

This is a know issue with Apple. They will fix it for you for free or send you a kit to do it yourself. Here's the Apple site to resolve your issue: http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bot...

@mayer can they still fix it if the warranty has expired, and what might be the cost?

Franco Cuba,

This program covers affected MacBooks for two years from original purchase date. Apple will continue to evaluate the service data and will provide further extensions to this program as needed.

mayer,