0

Lo25
1

water damage (device turns on, but screen doesnt work)

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I dropped my phone in water about two weeks ago. I put in rice for a few days, even took a vacuum cleaner to it. I didn’t attempt to power up the device until after a week of trying to get the moisture out. I plugged it into my computer and was able to back up everything, I was even able to charge it. after charging, my morning alarm went off but nothing was showing on my screen. I slid my finger across the screen as I normally would to turn it off and it went off. it seems the phone is still useable, I just can’t see anything on the screen. This is my first touch screen phone so I don’t know the mechanics of it, but does it just require a new screen? Is this something I can do own my own if I ordered the new part?

Edited by: iRobot ( )