1

Jonas
13

Dropped my iPad and now display is green

Hello people, I dropped my iPad and now the screen is green and all objects in it seems to be drained, but it is still working normal.

Any help?

Edited by: Kyle Wiens ( )

Is the screen tinted green, or is the whole thing solid green?

Chris Green,

HI Chris, it's tinted green.

Jonas,

Jonas, great job. Now all you have left to do is to accept the answer you got from Chris Green. That way we all know that this worked. Again, great job. ;-)

6

Chris Green

Most likely, the display cable was slightly disconnected, when the unit was dropped. You should be able to fix it just by opening it, and re-attatching the cable. I'm assuming that it's an iPad 1 (Not an iPad 2) so you should be able to use this guide to open it and access the display ribbon cable.

Once you open it, disconnect, than re-connect the LCD cable (Surrounded in a yellow box, shown in this picture)

Edited by: Chris Green ( )

It worked. Thanks a lot. You guys and this site are great!

Jonas,

OMG it worked for me too. Thank you so much Chris.

JANE BO,

It worked for me! Thanks guys!

Jv Ramos,

Hi... Not working for me ... What should I do?

Selam,

OMG Chris it really worked for me. I was like, "yea right." But it worked. Thanks so much!! Kristia, October 22,2013

teemama1967,

7

Alex
61

To Rogelio,

I just dropped mine about five minutes ago and all I did was smack the bottom right corner on my knee one good time and it seemed to pop it back into place. There are a few pixels that are still fuzzy, but it isn't bad at all. Not very noticeable either. I probably will have it fixed later though, just to be safe.

To everyone (regardless of what version you have). The suggestion by Alex resolved my issue completely (no dead pixels. However, let me clarify. There is no way to tell what corner he was referring to when he referenced, "bottom right." So, I gently hit each corner on the desk and it actually worked. No need to risk cracking it open or paying hundreds of dollars for someone else to work on it. Just gently hit each corner of your ipad on a hard surface.

Craig Listing,

Omgomg really just smack the bottom right and its good as normal... I created an account just to write this review! Hope u all get urs fixed

Jordan,

Thank you everybody for all your help! My Ipad 2 turned green and fuzzy a few days ago and I was planning to go to an Apple storento try to get it fixed. I followed your suggestions and just lightly hit all 4 corners on top of a wood counter and it's back to it's original color! Thank you again! This site is awesome! == Update == If you have a few pixels that are still fuzzy, tap all 4 corners and that should fix it.

Maricor,

Oh my goodness I dropped my iPad just 3 minutes ago and this helped just tapped each corner and then smacked it on my knee and it went back to normal:) thanks.

Melanie,

Brilliant! Just worked on my wife's ipad2. Green screen, now all back to normal. Many thanks

gawk,

1

dd2gensh
13

I read on another site to just slap the back of the iPad. It works as well.

1

Lauren
13

This has happened to me before......twice. My brother dropped it from the top of the bunk bed and i dropped it from my bed (not nearly as far). Just smack it on the back a couple of times and it should go away...tap the corners.....or turn it off and drop it on a carpet so it wont crack even more. That should help. :)

OH and yeah If you go and get it fixed by Apple they just take it in the back and smack it....

Lauren,

0

Ashley
1

That happen to mine a few months ago and I dropped it again just now and it happen agin idk what to do I might just go but aa new one but this one is cracked really bad also so hat might have something to do with it idk it's the LCD thy went bad witch is plate inside the iPad and it cracked so u have to let it sit on a flat surface for 22/26 days and it should be all good again'''

0

Rabecka
1

I put my iPad face down and hit the side with the camera off the edge of the counter, it worked perfectly, there are no stray pixels or anything. Mine is an iPad 2 so if yours isn't than I don't know if it will work.

0

Sadia
1

I just dropped my ipad2, probably 10 inches from the ground and it went all green fuzzy with multicolor!!

Tried every possible smack on it and even dropped few times on my wooden table...doesn't work!

Feeling so bad as it was a gift from my hubby on my birthday....

follow a guide to pop that screen off and reseat your connector manually and you'll be fine :)

jessabethany,

0

Lydia Purdy
1

Took your advice and dropped my ipad on the carpet floor, three times. So happy it's fix now. THANKS!

0

shannon
1

My kids and I have been very upset about the green screen...I think one of the kids dropped it. I just found this site. So I tried to hit all four sides and the back several times against my leg and the counter and it didn't work. I'm guessing I was being too gentle because I took it and smacked the silver backside against my husbands thigh (which is much harder than mine) and voila, it worked. Unbelievable!

0

Sandra
1

Today I went to the Apple store with my sons Ipad2. He dropped it last week and had this weird green screen. They said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to get this fixed by them. I'm so lucky I found this website. I thought it was an April foolsday joke but it worked!!! I hit one corner, nothing. Then the second corner, nothing. Then the third and the miracle happened. My son is soooo happy!

0

Cimarron
1

OMG..THANK YOU!! I freaked out when my screen went "blue"...this fixed it in a jiff. Thank you so much!! I was about to buy a new ipad!

0

mysunshine2k
1

Thanks a lot for the advice. My maid dropped my ipad 1 and the screen turned green. I was told that I might have to buy a new one. Then luckily I came across this site and hit all the corners of the ipad but nothing worked. Then I gave it to my husband. He smacked the back of the ipad three times and it worked. Do try it guys!

0

Andrew
1

I would never have considered smacking my IPad to try and fix the green screen problem, but it worked! It took several corner smacks and a few thumps on the back, but things seem back to normal. Thank you so much for this advice.

0

lesley
1

my ipad 2 fell and its really bad need some help went to best buy and said its was 300 dollars to fix it but thats about how much a new one cost its screen is green and some pink lines as well!!!! please help me !!!! im freking out

This Month: 2,187