0

Jared
277

Wont show up in itunes

Ive tried everything and cannot get my ipod classic to show up in itunes. It didnt work for a long time then i changed the battery and it works now. When i plug it in to my computer or any computer for that matter it shows up in computer but not itunes. Ive tried everything on apples website with no luck what could be wrong?

Edited by: Jared ( )

1

Jared, not sure what OS your computer uses I picked Windwos XP try this:

Close iTunes and disconnect the iPod.

Choose Start > Control Panel.

Inside the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.

Open Services.

Select Apple Mobile Device and click Stop the service as shown below:

Select Apple Mobile Device and Stop the service

After the service has stopped, click Start the service.

After the Apple Mobile Device service has started again, open iTunes and connect the iPod.

Also check on here and try out ALL the steps. If you still have issues with it after, let us know. Good Luck

ive already done this with no luck

Jared,

If it shows up in your computer, try to format it Fat32 if you are using windows. You can also check on here and again if you are using windows try this Disconnect your iPod and quit iTunes. From the desktop, right click over My Computer and click Manage. In the left side panel, double click Services and Applications, then double click Services . Double click iPod Service in the right hand panel. Click the Stop button under the General tab and leave the iPod Service Properties window open. Connect your iPod and wait until you see it in My Computer. Click the Start button in the iPod Service Properties window. Open iTunes. See if that makes a difference.

hey old turkey i forgot to inform you that my hard drive is dead thats why its not showing up

Jared,

Okay, that does make sense :-) at least that is an easy fix...