0

Jonathan
1

Does the logic board have 1 or 2 SATA ports?

Does the logic board for Apple Part #: 661-5319, iMac 27" Late 2009, 3.06GHz, Core 2 Duo, have 1 or 2 SATA ports.

Would like to add an additional SSD drive so I can have the original 1TB HD and a Runcore 240GB 2.5" SSD drive at the same time.

Thanks very much

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

4

Gabe

Yes it has two... One being the HDD SATA cable, the other being the ODD's. You can take out your optical bay drive and use one of these to mount your SSD in. I personally have the same model as you (Except i7) and I just took out the HDD and put in the SSD. Put everything else in an external storage.

When I did do that, I had some fan issues (well it doesn't bother me though...) but check this out:

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/14068...

Unibody Laptop Dual Drive

Add a hard drive to your laptop by replacing the optical drive with a second hard drive. Compatible with all Unibody MacBooks and Unibody MacBook Pros (excluding MacBook Pro Retina). 9.5 mm Internal SATA Optical Bay for SATA Hard Drives. — 50+ available at 39.95 each.

You can use something like this to use multiple SATA ports

Gabe,