0

Stewart Spencer
1

Why is my cursor continuously loading?

My Mac Book turns on but when Mac OS X starts up the cursor just continuously loads. I can't click on anything and it just keeps going. I turned it off by holding down the power button and I have tried to restart using control, command and power but it all ends in the same result. What is wrong and how do I fix this?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

1

mayer

Start up from your system installation disk by inserting the disk and restarting while holding down the "C" key. If the problem is gone, it's software related, so reinstall the system. If the problem persists, it may be a keyboard issue. This can be verified using an external keyboard and disconnecting the internal keyboard and jumping the logic board to start. Please give us the last three figures of your serial number so we know which machine you have and direct you to the proper guide. Has anything happened to the keyboard? Water damage?

Hi Mayer, Thankyou so much for your help. I tried booting it in safe mode and it still didn't work. It really needs to be fixed urgently as I have all of my uni work on it so I took it to a guy in Richmond to fix it. Out of my hands for the moment. Will let you know how it goes and what the problem was. Thanks again Stew

Stewart Spencer,