2

Ted
25

Why won't my Playstation recognize its hard drive?

I unplugged the Playstation and then plugged it back in--just red light. Then I inserted a Bluray disk and the machine turned on.

Screen message:

"Cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found."

Nothing else was going on, i.e. no updates, nothing. I did the unplug because Netflix would not load and I thought a reboot could fix that problem. I am very new to this unit--it belongs to my son-in-law--and all I use it for is Netflix movies and Bluray discs.

Edited by: Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( ) , Ted ( )

Ted just to clarify, all you did was unplug it and plug it back in and it gave you the error? No updates, no mods, nothing else?

oldturkey, all I did was unplug the machine and then plug it back in--no updates, mods, etc

Ted,

I left the PS3 off overnight, then removed and replaced the hard drive, being careful to blow away any dust. Then I restarted the machine using the front switch and voila, there was a working PS3!

Ted,

Ted, great job. Sorry did not get back to you earlier, but you got it accomplished....all you have left to do is to cut and past your comment to an answer and accept it. That way we all know that you got it done.

0

Ted
25