2

Robin
25

People can't hear me. Even not on speaker, handsfree or bluetooth.

People can't hear me when I call them or being called. I hear them perfectly. I've tried the included handsfree, speaker and even a bleutooth carkit. It helps a second if I knock the phone on something (with silicone case for protection :)). I've found this thread:

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/38137...

I was wondering if my problem definitely is related to "one screw near the camera..." and which one it is exactly, because it's my first time opening an Iphone4. Bringing it to Apple is not an option because it was bought from another country with carrier lock. Thanx in advance.

Update: just to let u guys know, i've opened it and unscrewed the screw left of the camera. After that i screwed it back and zthe phone works as of now! Hope it will last.

Edited by: Luke Soules ( ) , Robin ( )

Robin, congratulation to your fix. Good Job. Cut and paste your update as an answer and accept it so that we know your case is closed and that your fix worked. Great job.

Bad news, the phone worked for about 10 hours. I'll try loosening or tightning it again. I'll post the results.

Robin,

it only works for me for a while. After 1-2 phone calls, comes back to unpredictable (working/not working, etc...) status. Not sure what to do.

nhihainguyen,

1

Gobi
13

Its common problem for iphone4. Get one to one replacement from apple.

0

Mike Ashfield
1

Something key to this fault is the fact that it will not even work with BlueTooth, indicating that there may be a fault with the iPhone's logic board or connections to the logic board. I suggest following the "teardown' guide for your device to the point at which the back cover is off and the battery is out. Check that all the connections are solid and if any have come loose then push them back on with a spudger.

Giving the inner workings of the phone a quick run over with a soft bristled attachment on your vacuum cleaner wouldn't do any harm either. :-)

0

Conan Middleton
1

Hi there, after weeks of this being a problem, i found the culprit! It is the screw to the left of the battery hidden under the water damage indicator on the logic board, Either replace this screw or tighten, as there is a connection on the logic board that needs this screw.

I bought a new microphone, and to find this didn't work, realised if i pressed around the tab covering the dock connector cable, the phone would work and people could hear me, and after a while, realised it was the hidden screw.

Hope this helps!