0

Jonathan Lebrun
1

LED light won't turn off even when powered down!

My iphone4 recently got wet and now the LED stays on all the time even when the phone is turned off. Everything else works fine. Is there a way to fix this without having to replace the whole phone.

0

Scott Head

First, make sure the phone is COMPLETELY dry. I would take of the rear panel, disconnect the battery and leave it alone for several days. If you want, you can put it in a bag of rice to help soak up any moisture.

Try a soft reset of the phone. On your iPhone 4 press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about ten seconds. The phone should restart.

If that doesn't work, try a restore.

0

danny
205

Sounds like your camera might have gotten shorted and is defective. Unscrew the two bottom screws and remove the back cover. Then remove the shield and you will have access to the iphone's rear camera. Its not that hard to replace and is available for a good price.

0

kkmclg
1

I was just reading some of these.

There are a few of these problems but no one else admitted that the phone got wet and dried out when this started.

Anyway mines been like this for 2 months since it go wet. It was also jailbroken but I really don't think that has anything to do with it.

I got put in the swimming pool with it in my back pocket. No other issues after it dried out.

I just upgraded to 5.0 iOS software upgrade and my light just went out. Hope it stays out but this is the 1st time it turned off.

0

anil
1

my iphone 4"S" ....no backlit ...display working...please help

iphone 4s light will not turn on please help

Edited by: anil ( )

0

7Gnosis
59

check the coil and backlight ic,but first check with good known display

0

aftab ahmed
1

I dropped my iPhone 4 which I am writing this with down the toiliot , was in there for about 4 seconds fully submerged , I quickly retrieved it and dried with a cloth , got cotton ear buds and dried charging terminal and earphone socket on top of phone , phone stayed on all the while , went to car and wedged phone into heater vent on dash and turned heating up for a at least 10 mins alternating between charging point and earphone socket side . Phone playing up big time couldn't enter pin , unlock wouldn't slide if it would unlock then couldn't phone anyone or msg , so I thought phones screwed what the !&^& lets give it a go , opened boot got can of wd40 and straw that comes with it and squirted a little into phone from both ends charging point and earphone socket end . After a while phone started to improve , let me enter pin and get into phone , first few calls I couldn't be heard , then that improved to being heard clearly , only fault is camera light is staying on all time , even when powered off , opened back of phone flipped battery over without disconnecting it wiped access wd40 off and blew dry phone with hair dryer , reassembled but light still on not a major issue if it wasn't draining battery. Oh had nothing else to hand do used wd40 , use at your own risk .

0

blaxxeven
1

Take a picture with the flash. I got the light to turn off on my wife's iPhone 4S this way

0

Willie Kile
1

It had happened to me today, the only thing i did was let the phone die and then i held it and hit it with my hand open and the light went off, but then the light turn on, then i hit it with my hand, light goes out and now its staying off. phone dead, LED is dead, now i just have to wait to charge my phone

0

Amber Hill
1

hi guys im having trouble with mine i dropped it in water today and i have it in rice but when i dropped it i couldn't get it in rice right away because i was not home now the led flash light on the back where my camera is wont go off any suggestions on what i can do im getting married next month and cant afford a whole new phone help me please!?????!!!!!!!!!

0

cyril32a
1

after cleaning my phone with a semi wet cloth.....the camera light stays on. What can I do to turn it off? It is driving me crazy.

0

Raja
1

only fault is camera light is staying on all time , even when powered off ,

What I do ??????

0

Flip Aries
1

I was researching the web on this, trying to find a solution. it fritzed out the day before but somehow corrected itself. but then today the light came on while in my pocket. my leg was getting warm and i noticed the light wouldnt turn off. it killed my battery, and even still the light is on. after intensive research, and me not wanting to spend money on fixing it at the Apple store, Smacking it was a common solution to this. So i smacked it. a few times in the back up in the corner where the light is. nothing happend, light still on. but then i smacked once in the front opposite of where the light is, and it worked the light turned off.

0

bxgrid
1

My light randomly turned on an hour ago. Power off, nada. Soft reset nada. I tapped the phones edge on side of table as if to drop it 6". It's fine now, leads me to believe its a short.

0

cece
1

my iphone 4 has been having the light prob too I went on other websites they said they slammed it a couple times so I tried slamming it a couple times and still the light is still there it would be embarrassing to take my phone to school or public I already upgraded my phone do u have anymore solutions

0

Britt
1

My boyfriends son spilt some soda on his phone. I immediately turned the phone off and let it dry for over 24 hours. I should have put it in rice and let it dry for 48 hours as I've done before when i dropped my iphone in the toilet. Anyway, when we turned his phone on, the camera led light came on and wouldn't turn off. So, I downloaded a flashlight app from the app store, turned the flashlight on and then off again. It worked and the light stayed off. Made the mistake of letting it die and when we powered it back on, the light came back on and the app trick isn't working now. Leads me to believe we shorted something out, the battery life is awful and the phone gets hot in his pocket. I would suggest upgrading your insurance plan to one that covers water damage and then filing a claim through your carrier and sending it back.

0

Nancy Cole
1

My phone was submerged in water for about 10 seconds (dont ask). I put it in a back of rice overnight and took the back off to inspect for residual moisture. It works perfectly except for the led staying on in a low power state. It went off for several weeks and then came back on all of a sudden. Apparently the water cause a short causing this problem. Solution - replace the part. As already noted... it is not difficult to do and there is a wealth of guidance on Youtube. If your phone is dated or battery life is dwindling, its not a bad idea to replace the battery at the same time. Hope this helps.

-1

MIkaela
1

slam your phone against a wall! it really works

This Week: 1,484

This Month: 3,980