0

David Hodson

What is causing these lines on my iPod's screen?

My issue is similar to the one that this user had, but was never completely resolved. There is another interesting fact about this problem that I didn't see mentioned there.

My iPod Classic has lines that go across the screen, but that disappear once the screen fades (not completely asleep). I squeezed different areas around the LCD as per one of the answers to the similar question, but nothing changed. The most odd part about this problem is that sometimes the lines extend along the width of the screen shorter or farther than others if I reset the iPod or after leaving it on the charger for a while.

Could this problem be a connection, a component on the logic board, or even the LCD itself? == Update ==

The lines magically disappeared. Not even joking. I didn't touch my iPod over the weekend, and when I grabbed it to go to the gym this morning, the lines were gone.

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , David Hodson ( )

1

David Hodson, I would definitely change the LCD. Even if it is the connection or the connector , this would be resolved during a change. Just clean your connector when you replace the LCD. It is also a lot cheaper than the logic board. I think that the difference in the lines is caused by a difference in current that the LCD received and therefore the appearance changes. Good Luck...and as you probably know, it is a bear to open :-)

iPod Classic Color Display

iPod Classic Display Replacement

iPod Classic Color Display

320x240 LCD / 2.5" — 14 available at 29.95 each.

+ Sounds good to me, Turkey. If I get around to replacing it and noticed that it's fixed I'll come back and accept your answer.

David Hodson,