0

Paribesh
1

My iPhone 3G does not turn on?

Few weeks back my iPhone 3G went dead out of the blues. Ever since, I have been trying to switch on my iPhone and the system doesn't start.

I have plugged in the power to recharge the battery, synced it with iTunes, but it doesn't start at all.

I would appreciate any suggestion/solution pertaining to this problem.

Edited by: rj713, Richdave, and oldturkey03 ( )

4

Brady Cabe
2k

It sounds like a dead logic board. Have you tried rebooting the iPhone by holding down the sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously?

I have tried rebooting my iPhone by holding down the sleep/wake button and home button but it hasn't worked so far. It tries to reboot but then gets hanged.

Paribesh,

Im having the same problem with mine. If u found what fixed urs let me know please.

max,

Hi max it would probably be better if you ask your own question.Click on the link on the right side of this page "Ask a Question" and give as much information as possible. Right now it looks like you are answering an old questions. Good Luck

my iphone 3gs has just turned off and does not want to turn back on. hmmmm maybe its the battery its not charging the phone

rey,

I've got the same problem with my 8GB 3G. I've replaced the battery and that hasn't changed anything. Basically, if I plug in a connector cable that is connected to a USB I get a silver Apple logo appear on screen for a minute or so, then the display disappears apart from a very faint Apple logo (almost like screen burn) until I unplug the cable, then it disappears completely. If I try and put it into DFU mode, it comes up with the Connect to iTunes graphic. I connect to iTunes, iTunes recognizes a device is in DFU mode. I try and restore but it fails instantly with an Error 23. It then disconnects itself. Does this sound like this an economical thing to try and fix, seeing as I can get a 2nd hand 16GB for £250?

Stuart,

1

Jades
13

IPHONE Model: MC676LL RAM: 14GB (10.4 Avail)

CODE Ver: 4.2.6 (8E200)

PROB: Symptom: My Iphone went dead at work.

1)I tried plugging into the car charger thinking the battery was dead, but no charge and no charge indication = still dead.

2) I tried my home charger, (thinking it was the car charger) but I got the same symptom = still dead, nothing nada...

ACTION: I checked you tube and found this site

FIX:

1) I checked this site and came across the suggestion above to "by holding down the sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously" and it worked. I entered the security code and all is in order.

I had the same issue when I did plug it into a dock station. Apple offered a free replacement in store (Genuis)

philippe levillain,

I will try to get a replacement in Apple store in Bangkok next week.

Paribesh,

1

manju
13

i phone was not turn no ant when the charger connected it will smells like electric pls help me i will request

1

affan moyeed
13

hi mine iphone 3gs for working perfectly and suddenly it switched off from thet time i tried to open but nothing worked only an apple logo is front of me plzzzz help...

0

Elvis
1

Hold the power and the home batten for 10sec then release your hand on the power batten but still keep your hand on the home batten for about 4sec, release ur hand now, your iTunes should detect it now.

holding sleep and wake wont always work because my iphone is used and the top button is broke and works rarely s i could do it nonstop for a week and it might not wrk or it could do it 10 times straight I NEED HELP!!!

NAME,

0

JM9K
1

I had a similar problem, and mine turned out to be a loose connection from when I replaced the LCD. Once it was properly connected I had no problem turning it on.

thanks so much JM9K i had the same problem

esrtsert,

0

Steven Summon
13

Totally bizarre guys. I GOT IT WORKING!!

Had the exact same issues as everyone else.

Thought it must be the battery. Changed it.

Tried to power on get the apple logo then disappears.

Tried holding power and navigation button screen blinks then nothing.

Tried this several times. Then it occurred to me.

Hold the power button on the apple logo comes up keep holding it till the apple logo goes away. WAIT for a few more seconds...

Now WHILST holding the power button STILL press and hold the navigation button and keep holding it.

It will then showup the apple logo again keep holding it....

The screen goes blank (it does not blink)

Then the connect to itunes screen comes up and its business as usual restore method.

Hope this helps people.

0

arun banala
1

just hold power and home button ata a tym..........ur phone will restart with in 2 mins :)

Thanks brother,u saved me today..it worked fine..Thanks again...

Mallanna,

0

Jonatas Amorim
1

Bizarre:

I tryed to turn on the iphone, tryed to recharge and nothing happens.

I seens that the my iphone 3g was dead.

Then I tried the following instructions and it worked:

" Hold the power and the home batten for 10sec then release your hand on the power batten but still keep your hand on the home batten for about 4sec, release ur hand now, your iTunes should detect it now. "

Now it´s working. :)

0

zartasha
1

My sleep/wake button is broken any other way to fix it

No, you will have to fix that first.

0

nina
1

just hold down your home and wake/sleep button at the same time for about 20/10 sec trust me it works I just did it......

0

Eliud Sulley
1

I have a problem with my iphone 3g, i have reset my iphone 3g after that my phone won't turn on is just showing me a apple logo and pop up on and off by showing a apple logo , please help,

Thanks Eliud

i need the solutions to this

Edited by: Eliud Sulley ( )

0

Tausif Rahman
1

my i phone 3g is not switching on What will I do ??

0

hej
1

what is the power button, wasn't working even when my phone wasn't dead, so now and can't hold down power- and home- button, because my power doesn't work... ????

HELP PLEASE

0

Degecez
1

Thank you so much!! My 4S wouldn't start and I tried the trick holding down power + home buttons simultaneously... It's working now!!

0

josephmerriman
1

`mine still will not ????????????????

0

Sky Louis Apperley Williamson
1

I tried every solution with my I Phone 3G and it doesn't not come on

in any form of colour. I was hoping if anyone out there could reply to

this post and tell me where the nearest place is or the nearest

destination is in England, uk to get my iphone fully working / repaired.

Thanks.

SLAW- Sky Louis Apperley Williamson

The Anxiet Project

www.youtube.com/user/theanxietproject

www.facebook.com/theanxietproject