Real answer for iPod 5th Gen BLACK ground strap?
Hi, this question has been asked four times so far here, and each time gets a different contradictory answer. The black ground strap we are instructed not to break in step 16 is missing from the replacement circuit board.
In order to make sure the question is clear this time, I've written it up with photographs on --> this page <--.
Please read the previous answers linked to there, before you add one of your own. If you believe the strap should be moved from the old board to the new one, please be specific:
- Please make it clear you know which strap I'm talking about.
- Is it a single piece of foil going all the way around that loop, or a short strap taped on top of the end of the big piece?
- Is it connected into the circuit board with solder, contacts or throughs, or not?
- how should it be removed from the old board (without breaking it)?
- how much of that huge loop of foil should be removed?
- Should the matching foil on the new board be removed and replaced, or overlapped?
- how do you think it shoud be attached physically and electrically to the matching location on the new board, before reassembly (which involves taping the loose end back to the frame).
Answers welcome from people who are sure it works without the black strap shown in step 16. But as above, please make clear you know which strap I mean.
Thanks to all!